Friday, April 29, 2011

5.6 pounds total lost

Time for celebration and honesty! I hit my first goal of five pounds!!I started exactly one month ago with Weight Watchers and it is going very well. For the honesty part, last week was my worst as far as following plan. Somehow it worked out, but I am going to do a little confession, it is only fair.

1) Moving days were hard, the movers had our food and we couldn't get in the kitchen either day, so we ate out, cheeseburgers and pizza. Those aren't exactly great foods when you watch what you eat, but I ate in moderation actually.

2)Easter was a holiday, but I didn't eat like I normally do on holidays. The holiday is not for eating, it is for celebrating our Lord. Still, there are tons of yummy candies out there that were calling my name (Peanut Butter Eggs you know who you are!) but I didn't buy a single piece, not even for my hubby. I attempted to make a WW recipe that was a Red Velvet Angel Food Cake, but it didn't work. It was yummy in a low fat trifle, but it didn't turn out as a cake.

3) Due to internet issues and getting out of my groove, I didn't actually track anything for a week, I started back to tracking yesterday. This is not what I recommend, but if you are on WW and you lose a couple days tracking, it obviously doesn't mean you will gain. It makes it harder to stay on track, FOR SURE, but you can conquer pounds still.

4) Even when you think you are going to have a bad weigh-in week, go to your meeting anyway, you might be surprised and the support is what you need more than anything at that time.

I did work out more this week, thanks to going to the gym with a friend twice and also doing all the unpacking and going up and down our stairs a million times to move furniture and unpack.

So all told, it was a fantastic night last night when I stepped on that scale and the lady said I lost 3.4 pounds last week!!!! I almost cried I was so happy and I couldn't believe the lady, I asked her three times! Then to see that I had hit my first goal was incredibly gratifying too! And also, a huge thanks to all of you that read my blog or support me on Facebook, you are much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment